- Underwriter a portfolio of property/ casualty risk
- Provide your brokers with an exemplary level of service
- Continue to develop your underwriting career and broaden your technical knowledge
Continue to develop your underwriting career path in this 12 month parental leave cover. You will be working on an existing commercial portfolio across multiple product lines, albeit with a leaning towards liability risk, supported by a team of experienced underwriters who will provide you with training and mentoring.
Assessing, evaluating and qualifying new business and renewals, you’ll also be across preparing referrals for cover-holder sign off, liaising directly with clients and providing administrative support. You will be in a fast-paced environment, striving to provide the service your broker partners currently receive. You will thrive when faced with deadlines, managing multiple priorities and engaging with multiple stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Analysing, evaluating and rating qualifying business
- Responding to clients’ queries and requests promptly and efficiently, providing them with clear communication
- Covering a range of administrative responsibilities and general support to senior underwriters
- Compliance with statutory, FSRA, industry and Aon policies and procedures
To be successful in this role you will display:
- Commercial underwriting experience preferable, however, broking experience will certainly be considered
- Knowledge of commercial risk, liability/ business package experience would be expected
- Strong communication skills with the ability, maturity and confidence to advise and discuss technical matters clearly
- Teamwork with a great attitude and a willingness to continue to improve your underwriting skills
A core business unit within Aon Risk Solutions, One Underwriting is a leading underwriting agency, providing insurance and risk management solutions and markets to our network of licensed general insurance brokers.
How to Apply
Be part of a highly successful and innovative underwriting team, apply online today.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and we invite you to be part of an organisation that has a diverse workplace, values continuous learning and supports many charities and environmental initiatives.